Our Micro Screening Kits are targeted towards bone, osteochondral, and MSC models. Our Macro Screening Kit is better suited for vascularisation studies.
2) Are the meshes transparent?
Our standard product range is manufactured with opaque medical-grade polycaprolactone (PCL).
We are currently considering a transparent variant - if you're interested, please send us a message.
3) What stains do you recommend?
We are aware that PCL can overlap with some variants of DAPI and Phalloidin stainings. As such we would recommend the following for cell visualisation:
- Any DAPI variant which has an excitation wavelength close to 358 nm and emission wavelength close to 461 nm (e.g. Invitrogen D3571)
- Any Phalloidin variant which has an excitation wavelength close to 495 nm and emission wavelength close to 513 nm. Phalloidin should be FITC-labelled.
We also provide DAPI/Phalloidin SOPs for our meshes as standard.
4) How do you seed cells on BellaMesh?
This depends largely on your cell type - however small volume (<100ul) seeding is generally recommended.
We will provide a standard validated cell seeding SOP as a starting point, and can offer advice to maximise client success regarding cell seeding.
5) What is the purpose of your post-processing treatments?
Plasma treatment serves to facilitate cell attachment by increasing the surface hydrophilicity of PCL through bombardment with ionised gases, without introducing any residual substances. We recommend plasma treatment for best results.
Gamma sterilisation is the gold standard for guaranteed sterility, especially for applications concerning sensitive cultures.
6) Do you recommend any low-cost post-processing alternatives?
We can provide an alternative, unvalidated sterilisation SOP using common lab reagents.
A low-cost unvalidated alternative to plasma treatment is NaOH etching, which we can provide a basic SOP for.
7) Can you print a mesh using our custom material?
We are always open to experimenting with novel biomaterials. Send us a message to discuss further.
8) Can you print a mesh using a custom application-specific design?
Yes, our proprietary mesh design algorithms allow us to produce meshes using a wide variety of design options. Send us a message to discuss further.